Sunday, September 6, 2009

Return to CotN

We just started a new composition/illustration class at school and it's sweeeet. We're spending 6 week periods working our way from generic thumbs up to fully realized final illustrations. I've been entirely unable to squander a single second of spare time for personal projects for the last 6 months, so this is the perfect opportunity to drag out my sketchbooks full of Nephilim concepts and go to town. Plus its all under the guidance of Mr. Mike Bierek and his beard of power. I swear I catch that thing staring at me sometimes.

Here are my first round of thumbs. Spent about 30 minutes to an hour on each, since the idea was to keep things a bit abstract to allow for compositional fine tuning at any stage. I was totally off the mark, so I'm going to redo the whole idea from the ground up, which I'm pretty excited about. Every screw-up is a chance to learn, and when Mike is the one correcting you, then the more mistakes the better. I also apologize for the terrible, terrible value range I worked with for all of them ;P








No comments:

Post a Comment